TOTEM POLES AND THE LURE OF STANLEY PARK
By Vickie Jensen
- Wholesale discounts apply – Please contact us for more information.
- Format: 120 Pages; Photos, mostly colour
- ISBN: 978-0-9681610-1-2
- List Price: $14.95 USD/CDN + tax
Westcoast Words is proud to announce a fully updated and expanded version of its best-selling publication–TOTEM POLES AND THE LURE OF STANLEY PARK (formerly THE TOTEM POLES OF STANLEY PARK). Every year over 3.3 million people visit the totem poles in Vancouver’s famous park. At last there’s a guidebook to answer the most frequently-asked questions about First Nations culture, art and totem pole carving. This 120-page resource features lively text with abundant photographs, illustrations and maps–all for only $14.95.
The newest version of the popular best-seller is hot off the press–the only book covering the newest Coast Salish additions to the totem poles at Brockton Point. It’s a great resource or gift at a great price!
Open the cover and you’ll find:
- A concise overview of Northwest Coast Native art and culture
- An introduction to totem pole carving—how it’s done and why
- Specific details and insider info for each of the Stanley Park poles
- Easy clues to identifying common crest figures
- Fascinating thumbnail histories of Stanley Park and Vancouver